Acupuncture is a complex branch of ancient Chinese Medicine, but its practical principles and methods are easily understood.
1) 14 major energy channels called meridians course through the human body including the head, arms, hands, torso, legs, feet and internal organs.
2) A subtle energy called Qi (pronounced chee) circulates via the meridians to all parts of the body, even the most remote cells.
3) Qi is the vital force, the presence which separates the living from the dead. It's balanced unrestricted flow is critical to sound health.
4) Any misdirection, blockage, or other derangement of the amount, flow or balance of Qi may result in pain, dysfunction and ill health.
5) With acupuncture needles, or by other means, an acupuncturist stimulates certain points (acupoints) along the course of the meridians. This stimulation helps restore the normal balance and flow of Qi so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony as intended. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own health.
6) Medical science has proven that acupuncture releases powerful chemicals from the brain called endorphins and enkephalins, which reduce pain and enhance the overall sense of well-being.
Acupuncture has received a great deal of attention in the media because of its widespread success.
Click button ↑ for an Appointment
Life Long Wellness offers our patient form(s) online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
Download Online Forms Here
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Request an appointment today!Request Now